COPYRIGHT INFORMATION. Please read carefully.
AI+MUNICH Open Learning Websites
Many countries have restrictions on copyright protection that allow limited usage of copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder by third parties for specific usages, such as in scientific papers or news articles, books or for education. These usages may fall under the fair use doctrine or may be codified in the law, depending on the country of usage. If you are unsure whether your usage would meet these criteria, please consult with a copyright lawyer and see the specific sections below.
Classroom or Academia
Special exception for use in legitimate educational programs: Instructors may
duplicate and distribute AI+MUNICH Open Learning white papers, implementation guides,
and technology overviews to students in lawful educational programs without
additional permission from AI+MUNICH Open Learning, in accordance with local law and
subject to the following limitations:
· Except for costs for duplication, students must not be charged for such materials.
· Instructors may reproduce only sufficient copies to meet the anticipated needs for the current course or term, if any.
· Any duplication of AI+MUNICH Open Learning Materials for use in an educational setting must retain all original copyright notices.
· This exception does NOT apply to materials from an authorized AI+MUNICH Open Learning training course offered by AI+MUNICH Open Learning or its authorized learning partners.
· Please note that the AI+MUNICH Open Learning University Alliances program provides additional materials for its member Universities and Educational Institutions that can be used in University-level education programs, such as access to AI+MUNICH Open Learning software and learning content, teaching materials and best practices for integrating program resources
Use in Thesis or other academic papers: You may use images or content from AI+MUNICH Open Learning products and services in school reports provided that you comply with the Rules for all Uses below and in accordance with local law.
Screenshots of Software
You may not use screenshots from prototypes, beta release products or any other product, hard- or software that has not been commercially released, or for any other produc, hard- or software that is subject to a non-disclosure agreement. Otherwise, you may make fair use of screenshots for purely educational or illustrative purposes provided that the following guidelines for screenshots are followed (in addition to the Rules for all Uses):
· Do not alter the screenshot except to proportionally resize it.
· No portions of any AI+MUNICH Open Learning screenshot may be included in your product user interface.
· Do not use screenshots that contain third-party content, (unless you separately seek and obtain permission from such third party to display its content).
· Do not use screenshots that contain an image of an identifiable individual.
· You may not use the screenshot in a comparative advertisement.
· Your materials should not be solely composed of AI+MUNICH Open Learning screenshots or other intellectual property from AI+MUNICH Open Learning. Your materials should add substantial commentary, critique, or value in addition to the AI+MUNICH Open Learning screenshots or other AI+MUNICH Open Learning intellectual property.
· No more than ten (10) screenshots may be used in any single document, page or other work. Exceptions for academic teaching material (e.g. lecture notes, educational books) may be granted by AI+MUNICH Open Learning. Please send your request to: [email protected]
· Screenshots must be obtained from AI+MUNICH Open Learning software that is properly licensed.
· No rights of ownership, title or any other right or interest in AI+MUNICH Open Learning's screenshots is transferred. AI+MUNICH Open Learning may terminate this permission at any time by notifying you of the termination of permission for your particular use. You agree to stop using and displaying the screenshot at any time, upon written request of AI+MUNICH Open Learning.
Rules for all users
· Your use may not be obscene or pornographic, and your use must not be, in AI+MUNICH Open Learning’s sole opinion, disparaging, defamatory, or libelous to AI+MUNICH Open Learning, any of its products, or any other person or entity.
· You must include the following statement: “Copyright © 2023 AI+MUNICH Open Learning SE or an AI+MUNICH Open Learning affiliate company. All rights reserved.” (if needed, replaced 2023 with the applicable year identifying publication year of the materials) to identify the AI+MUNICH Open Learning copyrighted materials in your materials.
· Your use may not directly or indirectly state or imply sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your product or service by or with AI+MUNICH Open Learning.
· You may add commentary or other analysis as long as it is very clearly attributable to you, and not to AI+MUNICH Open Learning.
· Your use of or reference to any AI+MUNICH Open Learning trademarks should comply with AI+MUNICH Open Learning Trademark Usage Guidelines and should include a trademark attribution paragraph that correctly lists all AI+MUNICH Open Learning trademarks referenced in your materials.
· You acknowledge that any rights granted to you herein do not constitute a transfer of title. You do not obtain any ownership right, title, or other interest in AI+MUNICH Open Learning copyrighted materials or trademarks by downloading, copying, or otherwise using the materials.
· AI+MUNICH Open Learning, in its sole discretion, retains the right to revoke any licenses or permissions to use AI+MUNICH Open Learning copyrighted materials at any time, unless specifically prohibited in a separate agreement.
No Warranty. ALL MATERIALS ARE
PROVIDED BY AI+MUNICH Open Learning “AS IS” WITH ALL FAULTS. AI+MUNICH Open Learning DISCLAIMS
ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OR
ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE.
Your use is at your own discretion and risk.
· Consequential Damages Waiver. IN NO EVENT WILL AI+MUNICH Open Learning BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COPYRIGHTED MATTER, EVEN IF AI+MUNICH Open Learning HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Any party may link or point to AI+MUNICH Open Learning Materials on AI+MUNICH Open Learning websites for informational purposes, provided the material is publicly available at no charge, it is not used for publication or sale, and the link takes the user to the AI+MUNICH Open Learning page from which the material originates by plain text. You may not insert AI+MUNICH Open Learning’s logo in the link. References to AI+MUNICH Open Learning, its products and services should be made in accordance with AI+MUNICH Open Learning Trademark Guidelines.
Reporting infringement to AI+MUNICH Open Learning
Infringement Claims/Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
• an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest
• a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or material which otherwise violates your rights (or, if you claim that multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are infringing, a representative list of such works at that site)
• a description of where the material that you claim is infringing/violating is located on the site
• your address, telephone number, and e-mail address
• a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
• a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the copyright owner or the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly being infringed